Business Development Associate – Fairfield NJ
Transparent Energy develops cutting edge energy procurement strategies and strategic risk management plans for large commercial and industrial clients in all deregulated territories. Our proprietary technology develops extensive energy analytics and provides a seamless reverse auction platform that delivers transparent solutions for continuous purchasing of electricity & natural gas contracts with third party energy suppliers. We have a culture of driven, entrepreneurial and goal-oriented professionals, and are currently heavily investing in scaling our proven sales processes and are quickly growing to be the leading energy consulting firm in the United States.
We are seeking a new class of Business Development Associates (BDAs) to work in our retail-energy prospecting division. The team, led by the BDA Team Lead, will be interacting with large commercial and industrial clients and learning from industry veterans. After undergoing rigorous training and learning and mastering our industry-leading sales process, BDAs will begin working with Business Development Managers (BDMs) and focus primarily on the first phase of our process; prospecting and qualifying leads. This is a ground floor opportunity where you will learn the industry, have the potential to earn significant revenue, and advance your career. Our program is centered around the premise of promoting internally, so BDAs are expected to become Account Executives or Business Development Managers after showcasing continued success in the BDA program.
• Under the direction of the Business Development Associate Team lead, ensure email, LinkedIn messaging, and calling quotas are met daily
• Partner with Business Development Managers to create customized plans and campaigns for assigned territories and ensure qualified leads are properly handed off in accordance to our internal processes
• Utilize business acumen to research companies, C-Level executives, business trends, and technologies to create multi-channel based strategic communication plans
• Conduct lead generation, prospecting, and qualification using our company’s process and technology suite
• Utilize our CRM system every time you interact with a lead and document every single interaction
• Become an expert on deregulated energy markets and any potential new energy product offerings marketed by the company
• When appropriate, coordinate and contribute in client-facing conference calls and meetings.
• A B.A. or B.S. degree required
• Previous sales experience such in cold-calling, emailing or other types of strategic prospecting
• Hunter mentality and a competitive nature
• Must be articulate and have excellent communication skills – Exceptional phone etiquette
• Must be self-motivated and a self-starter
• Previous work in sales or the energy industry preferred but not required
• Previous Client Relationship Management (CRM) and lead generation and research software (ZoomInfo) experience preferred