Vice President of Business Development – Chicago
Transparent Energy is one of the fastest growing energy brokerage and consulting firms in the U.S. Combining advanced online auction technology, process expertise, and a deep working knowledge of deregulated energy markets, we have established a roster of thousands of commercial, industrial, and government clients, for whom we have saved millions of dollars. Want to play for a winner? We are always on the lookout for talented individuals who are eager to learn, work hard, and who measure success by the success of their customers.
Our team is knowledgeable, experienced, and passionate about helping energy buyers – our customers – get the most from the market. We share a value system that emphasizes team dynamics and shared goals for expansion and opportunity.
At Transparent Energy we’re looking for qualified, highly self-motivated individuals to join our team. Whether you are a seasoned broker looking for new opportunities, an energy or technology enthusiast looking to grow and advance your career, or new to the energy business and looking to learn in a structured, fast-paced environment, you should be talking to us.
Interested? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s get the conversation started.
The Vice President of Sales (VP of Sales) is responsible for mastering our proprietary sales processes so they can continuously articulate the Transparent Energy value proposition to both employee and clients. The of VP Sales will be responsible for the entire sales lifecycle, focusing primarily on account acquisition.
The VP of Sales will act as an extension of senior leadership in training, recruiting, and the development of sales processes to improve efficiency within the organization. Applicants must be motivated to learn our holistic energy procurement process and have a burning desire to be part of a team that will be growing exponentially over the next few years. Applicants must be creative and passionate when it comes to the energy markets. Our search for candidates focuses on those driven by a desire to be a dynamic voice of the company through energetic marketing, positive outreach to prospective clients, and mentorship for our sales staff As a leader of our sales team, you will strive to deliver customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account retention. The VP of Sales will be paired with associates, who will assist in lead development as well as qualified Trained channel partners will provide additional qualified leads.
- Develop and implement sales plans/strategies to help penetrate target markets with our unique procurement process
- Manage a portfolio of large commercial & industrial clients through the entire energy procurement cycle – initial meetings, closing accounts, renewing account
- Develop a database of qualified leads through referrals, channel partner development, networking, face to face meetings with business owners, email, and networking
- Sell consultatively through our proven sales process and provide executable strategies to effectively conduct business
- Analyze and assist customers in executing energy contracts among licensed suppliers in several regions to cater specifics to clients’ needs
- Take part in events to increase exposure such as seminars, trade shows, and networking events
- Follow up on new leads and referrals stemming from field activity
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts
- Utilize internal software programs for pipeline management, pipeline review with other sales employees and sales progress reporting
- Lead recruitment efforts for future Business Development Associates(BDA) and Managers(BDM).
- Work with Senior Leadership to determine KPI for BDA and BDM employee performance, set staff goals and assist in achieving said goals.
- Communicate additional product offerings to current and prospective customers, including, but not limited to offerings from partner companies.
- Develop and implement training programs to assist sales staff in achieving quarterly & annual quotas
- Must have experience with closing sales of energy solutions, energy software, or energy management services in the commercial, institutional, and/or industrial markets
- Minimum of 5 years of B2B Sales experience required
- Minimum of B.A. or B.S. undergraduate degree required
- The ability to quickly identify and qualify sales opportunities to build and maintain a pipeline for new business
- Ability to illustrate ROI to C level decision makers, as well as interacting with facilities managers and engineers
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- A track record of leading, recruiting, and training successful sales teams
- Superb multitasking ability
- Strong written and verbal communication capabilities
- Previous Client Relationship Management (CRM) experience strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs such as Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
- No relocation package will be offered
- No Visa sponsorship
Send Resumes to: email@example.com